If you are a woman and are thinking of getting a bicycle, you should also consider using it frequently. According to recent studies, men are three times more likely than women to choose cycling as a hobby or way of transport. We are firm believers that as a constituency we need to take action and even the odds and below are a few reasons why:
- Keeps Your Mind Active: The physical benefits of cycling are well known but we cannot deny the fact that cycling helps in making the mind more active. It also helps alleviate anxiety, nervousness and depression. It is a physical exercise which helps reduce stress and keeps you fresh.
- Keeps Your Body Healthy: These days, many of us are leading a general inactive life. Cycling around is a great way to keep your body healthy and push your fitness levels to their limits. Cycling is a relatively low-impact activity but it opens up these opportunities to improve your strength and stamina.
- Helps Deal with PMS: When a woman is going through the various stages of PMS and cramps, they feel sluggish and generally feel like they can't or don't want to exercise. Cycling is a great way to alleviate any pain as it does not put much stress on the body.
- Environment Friendly: Cycling is a great way of getting from A to B if you want to reduce your carbon emissions. We can do our bit to reduce the carbon footprint by making bicycle a part of our lives. You may feel that it would not make much of a difference, but bits and pieces actually contribute to the larger cause. Try cycling to your work and to nearby places.
- Quality Time with Family and Friends: Cycling gives y ou a golden opportunity to spend time with family, friends and get involved in new communities. You can go for cycling together and explore new places on the way. Adventure can be really fun with your loved ones.
- Builds Confidence: This simple exercise can help you feel good about yourself. Cycling will keep you fit and tone your body making you feel more confident. It is a fun easy way of keeping your fitness level up, allowing you to look good and feel good about yourself.
- Improved output in the workplace: Cycling to work is proven to be better for you than driving. Light exercise at the start of the day will leave you awake and fresh ready for the day ahead.
What are you waiting for, help change this statistic and get cycling.