was successfully added to your shopping cart.
Yogurts To Try On The Trail
Nobody can stop an adventure freak from engaging in activities that can be extremely strenuous and laborious, as well as exceptionally challenging and fun. However, one thing that can act as a hurdle between you and your passion for hiking trails is the unstoppable onset of hunger. A good meal always begins with an empty stomach, which occurs when you have exhausted yourself completely by either not having eaten for days, or by delving into sweat-shedding physical activities, especially when you are on a hiking trail.
Excitement hits a previously inconceivable level when you have those gorgeous mountains to be climbed at a distance with mesmerizing and picturesque views, but nothing gets better than when you have tempting and healthy food items that can put an end to your growling stomach. Usually, one prefers carrying food items that come in compact containers and do not occupy much space. The dish that did wonders for me and a group of my Turkish friends was an ancient mouth-watering Turkish Yogurt recipe. Yogurt is completely easy to carry. It is ideal for short, one day trails, for those exciting backcountry trips, etc. Let’s look at a potpourri of yogurt dishes from around the world and those that I hope to implement on my next adventure plans. I am sharing my best four recipes with you all. Check them out immediately!
1. Wake up to easy camping or hiking mornings without worrying about what to eat for breakfast. This particular yogurt dish is simple to make and tastes of excellence! This is none other than the legendary Dehydrated Yogurt.
- Choose plain yogurt with a low fat content (3%)
- Spread the yogurt on a dehydrated tray that is covered with a non stick sheet in an even, thin layer (1/8” thick)
- Dehydrate at 57C for 6-8 hours until brittle and dry, rotating and flipping every single hour
- Remove from the dehydrator and allow it to become extremely cool
- Vacuum seal and freeze, until you are ready to put it into your backpack
- Lasts for a week in a zip lock at room temperature
- You can carry it in powder form too
- Add water as per your convenience (1:1 ratio preferable) to the zip lock pack
- Knead until you get that cream like texture
- Now mix your favourite berries, nuts, and fruits with this and enjoy
2. Next is the Turkish special: 4 cups shelf-stable tortellini
- Keep the tortellini in a zip-top bag
- Now, pour a load of olive oil into a container
- You can keep all spices in one bag
- Also, it's best to add garlic clove to the zip-top bag before you set off
- Boil the tortellini
- Just mince the garlic and stir it into the yogurt with salt and 1 simple teaspoon of olive oil
- The remaining oil can be added to the spice packet and salt
- Now top the pasta with yogurt sauce, and garnish with red flakes if needed
3. Next, we have the traditional mango smoothie.
- Similar to the dehydrated yogurt recipe, you need to spread the mango puree on a lined dehydrator tray for 6-8 Hours at 57C
- The dried mango is to be kept strictly in a zip-lock bag with coconut milk powder, and spices
- You can pack fresh lime too, along with the ingredients
- Just add hot water to the mango mixture in a one-litre water bottle
- Wait for the mixture to rehydrate and cool
- Now add both lime juice and yogurt
- Shake well for a frothy feast
4. One last recipe from my box of treasures is Chia Yogurt Pudding
- Use walnuts and coconuts in this recipe by toasting them in a dry non stick pan on medium-high heat
- After initial toasting, let the nuts cool
- Keep all the nuts in a small zip-top bag
- Pour maple syrup into a container
- Very simple to prepare, all you need to do is mix yogurt with all ingredients
- Let all ingredients sit for 5-10 minutes
- You can add maple sugar and maple syrup on top
- Dissolve in a little lukewarm water before adding to yogurt for settlement of syrup or sugar
Yum! With such interesting flavours to try, hiking gets more fun. Include these irresistible yogurt recipes to your camps and adventure trails and satiate your random hunger pangs! Feed your cravings for yogurt by innovating and adding a touch of your own skill into these delicious yogurt recipes. Bon Hiking, Bon Appetite!