Take advantage of the glorious display of autumn leaves
Well summer is over and it certainly hasn’t been one of the best as far as the weather has been concerned, but grab your walking boots as The Forestry Commission is predicting a spectacular display of leaf colours this autumn after what has been a great growing season for trees.
The mix of some days of sunshine followed by has been torrential rain has meant a period that is actually ideal conditions for leaf growth so they will be ready to show some amazing colours before they fall to the ground. At the moment the experts advise that this amazing palette will be best seen in mid to late October, but will continue into November.
So if you want to witness this wonderful display nature has to offer, where should you go? Well here are the top ten places in the country that the Forestry Commission recommends, but why not check out your local country park or nature trail and see what you can find if are not near one of the following:
- Westonbirt seasonal trail, The National Arboretum in Gloucestershire
- Symonds Yat Rock to Biblins loop walk, The Wye Valley in the Forest of Dean
- Radnor waymarked trail, Bolderwood, New Forest, Southampton
- Lynford seasonal trail, Lynford Arboretum in Thetford Forest, Norfolk
- Church path trail, Salcey Forest in Northampton
- Red Walk, Great Wood in Somerset
- Bedgebury Pinetum and Forest, Kent
- Grizedale Tarn Trail, Grizedale Forest, Cumbria
- Blackmore Trail, Delamere Forest, Cheshire
- White Horse Trail, Friston Forest, East Sussex.
The Teva Mens Wapta Hiker Boot is ideal for all kinds of terrain, incorporating a rugged rubber outsole to give superb anti slip capabilities and a waterproof membrane to protect you against ending up with wet socks. This is supported by a soft shock pad in the heel to give you some serious shock absorption and a ‘Mush Footbed’ that conforms to the shape of your foot for a better fit and improved comfort.
So when you plan your visit to one or more of these areas, make sure you are prepared for any changes in the weather. So check out the full range of walking boots on the website, so you can enjoy the vibrant colours that the great outdoors offers us in the UK at this time of year.
- Walking (257)
- Cycling (54)
- Great Outdoors (1080)
- Skiing (52)
- Health/Fitness (179)
- Safety Workwear (4)
- Workwear Clothing (6)
- Kit Guides (155)
- Travel (45)
- Lifestyle Fashion (4)
- Sport (9)
- Competitions (7)
- Shop Talk (1)
- Latest Offers (105)
- Snowboarding (11)
- Team Outdoor Look (7)
- Suse Hammond-Pears (3)
- Mike Payton (2)
- Mike Wild (2)
- Product Reviews (3)