was successfully added to your shopping cart.
All You Need to Know About Walking Poles
A walking pole is not a new thing for regular hikers or walkers. It is an important piece of gear, especially if you have plenty of hills to cover. A walking pole gives you support and is very helpful for the amateur hikers. However, there is no denying that a walking stick is helpful for anyone going on a long, hilly walk. It has numerous benefits, which make it a great idea to go hiking with.
Here is a list of benefits of hiking with a walking stick:
Benefits of a Walking Pole:
- Improves balance and stability when walking down steep hills
- Protects the knees from any kind of injury
- Improves your strength and endurance when walking uphill
- Improves the posture of walkers and runners while climbing the mountains and helps their breathing
- Reduces fatigue and increases your speed when you are going downhill
- Complete workout for your body, including your arms, shoulders, chest and upper back
- Helps burn calories and a full workout for the body
- Strengthens muscles that support the spine
- Allows people with arthritis or back problems to take up hiking
- Reduces the wear and tear of walking for the older hikers
Additionally, walking poles can reduce the stress on your feet, legs and back by taking off the burden and help you share the weight evenly. This is especially beneficial when the backpack is heavy, and you are climbing uphill. However, you need to ensure that you choose the right walking pole. It’s an extension of the flow of your wrist, arm and the legs.
Here are some things that you can keep in mind while buying a walking pole:
- Length: to ensure that the walking stick is comfortable, you need to choose the right length. The length must be selected according to your height. The stick length can be fixed or adjustable, the choice depends on your comfort.
- Terrain: not every walking stick is suitable for all kinds of terrain. Many walkers like to choose the walking stick as per the terrain.
- Long Handle: pole with a long handle helps the walkers to move their hands up and down and move according to the terrain
- Wrist Straps: straps on the pole help you get a better grip and let you walk in a more relaxed style
- Price: there are walking poles suitable for all types of budget. The only concern should be their sturdiness and the comfort that your walking stick provides.
- Lightweight: lighter walking sticks are expensive. As they are made of lighter materials, it’s simple to carry them
- Portable: as you will be carrying the poles to your hiking spot, you must think whether they will fit in your backpack or not. Going for foldable walking poles is a great option.
So, keep these things in mind while buying a walking pole. Not only as a support, the walking pole can be used for testing the streams of water and their depth.